Other, PUA Theory - Written by Entropy on Sunday, May 23, 2010 10:50 - 8 Comments
Styles and Locality
Here’s just some random food for thought on a lazy Sunday.
At this point, after spending a significant amount of time in all of the major cities in the western world, and meeting a significant amount of the coaches from around the industry, something occurred to me. This occurred to me after going out in London — I was taken aback by their seeming worship of “posh” and how the pretension in their clubs revolving around status is probably only rivaled by LA.
And here’s what I noticed: look at all the guys who are insanely good from London (AFC Adam, Beckster, Extraction Tim) and all of them were/are top promoters, are socially networked out the ass, and play the social status card hard for big success.
By the same token, all of the great guys from New York City (Brad P, 60 Years of Challenge, Rob Judge) have styles that involves escalating extremely hard and fast. Brad P has his “blow me or blow me out,” as well as 20 minute bathroom pulls, 60 with his “escalation is attraction” and Rob Judge mauls girls with a startling amount success.
All of the “routine” methods of pick up (Love Systems, Mystery, Style, Mehow) all come from southern California. Much of the inner game only/authenticity styles of game (AMP, Sean Messenger, Pickup101) come out of San Francisco. Guys in Vegas — Nick Quick, Epik, Start Being — all shit on ideas of comfort game or inner game and focus on pumping the girl’s buying temperature — to which I say, well, no shit, you’re in Vegas. The coaches from Dallas a few years ago (Sinn, El Topo, Captain Jack) all focused on sexual framing and qualification.
I could go on and on… Even Vin DiCarlo and I (both from Boston) have a similar analytical style in which we calibrate our game around connecting with each woman’s specific personality. This also struck me, as being back in Boston… it just feels easy again. Like I’m unconsciously wired to pick up women in Boston and so I have to try 50% as hard here as other places.
There may be something to it. There may not. But food for thought.
Leave a Reply
Most Popular Content
- New Site, Blog Moved
- Pick Up is NOT a Skill
- College Starting Back Up
- I Slept With Entropy And…
- Quote for the Day
- Weekend Humor
- Wednesday Humor
- Wingman Retreat in the Caribbean
- Who Lies More, Men or Women?
- Styles and Locality
- I'm happy for you man. Great to see you moving forward going beyond pick up. Def...
- On it... thanks for the suggestion....
- Can you put up an archives or index session which is just a long list of all the...
- Thanks for the tip.
And yeah, I'm hitting the google keywords hard....
- Yeah, notice it too Kevin. Good luck with that :)
Here's a pratical tip: redi...
- Hm, first impression of the new site is that you picked most of your articles ti...
- Damn son, so the day came. Awesome. Good for you.
Speaking of nick names - pe...
- New game, new luck, Entropy, ahm, I mean Mark!
Will miss the comments about y...
News - Sep 29, 2010 5:34 - 8 Comments
More In News
- Who Lies More, Men or Women?
- Global Pickup Conference
- Meet Me at the 2010 Dating Conference in NYC
- Public Service Announcement
PUA Skills - Sep 10, 2010 14:40 - 18 Comments
More In PUA Skills
- Three Conversation Tricks
- Review: Guide to Phone and Text Game
- Mailbag: 7/10/09
- Mailbag! — (5/11/09)
- Mailbag: Escalation and Social Circles