Day Game, PUA Theory - Written by Entropy on Friday, July 18, 2008 14:01 - 0 Comments
Personal Space in Day Game
So after yesterday post I hope none of you are touching on the opener during day game. If you don’t believe me just go out to a store and touch a woman’s arm before you’ve started talking to her. Odds are she’ll jump, yell, run away, etc.
But how far away should you be standing when you open? I’m only talking about stationary girls here, moving sets are a completely different beast.
The best range I’ve found is around 5 feet or 1.5 meters for the rest of the world.
The only other exception to this is if she has headphones on. You’re going to have to get a bit closer to her so she notices your presence, looks at you, and you can motion for her to take them off.
Women are much more conscious of their personal space during the day and you imposing on it can make them either feel nervous or see you as rude.
So I start from about 5 feet away, project my voice a bit when I say “Hey” so she looks at me, deliver the rest of my opener, introduce myself, and put out my hand to shake hers.
Now that you have your hand out to shake hers you can take a step forward and she usually will as well and you have now closed the 5 foot gap in between you two. The handshake acts as an excuse to get you two closer together.
You can easily tell if she’s not comfortable being that close to you after that handshake. If she’s not comfortable she’s going to take a step back. Let her take the step away, and lock in. As the interaction progresses you’ll notice how she’ll come closer and close the gap once she becomes comfortable talking to you.
The whole key to day game is respecting social boundaries. If you can do that and carry on a normal conversation you can do day game.
Leave a Reply
Most Popular Content
- New Site, Blog Moved
- Pick Up is NOT a Skill
- College Starting Back Up
- I Slept With Entropy And…
- Quote for the Day
- Weekend Humor
- Wednesday Humor
- Wingman Retreat in the Caribbean
- Who Lies More, Men or Women?
- Styles and Locality
- I'm happy for you man. Great to see you moving forward going beyond pick up. Def...
- On it... thanks for the suggestion....
- Can you put up an archives or index session which is just a long list of all the...
- Thanks for the tip.
And yeah, I'm hitting the google keywords hard....
- Yeah, notice it too Kevin. Good luck with that :)
Here's a pratical tip: redi...
- Hm, first impression of the new site is that you picked most of your articles ti...
- Damn son, so the day came. Awesome. Good for you.
Speaking of nick names - pe...
- New game, new luck, Entropy, ahm, I mean Mark!
Will miss the comments about y...
News - Sep 29, 2010 5:34 - 8 Comments
More In News
- Who Lies More, Men or Women?
- Global Pickup Conference
- Meet Me at the 2010 Dating Conference in NYC
- Public Service Announcement
PUA Skills - Sep 10, 2010 14:40 - 18 Comments
More In PUA Skills
- Three Conversation Tricks
- Review: Guide to Phone and Text Game
- Mailbag: 7/10/09
- Mailbag! — (5/11/09)
- Mailbag: Escalation and Social Circles