News, Personal, Stories - Written by Entropy on Tuesday, June 3, 2008 7:03 - 4 Comments
No Day Job?
First off, I’d like to apologize for going through like four background layouts in the last two weeks. My blog has been having a bit of an identity crisis. Doc kept giving me shit for having such an ugly template so I changed it on a whim. Afterwards, my blog hits per day dropped about 40%, so I started getting superstitious about it.
But what I’m here to post about is some great fortune that occured. As few of you probably know, I decided to quit my day job in finance this month to focus on Practical Pickup and other ventures full-time. I fucking hated my job, but it paid decently and it was a steady paycheck.
So I went into my manager’s office and gave him my two weeks. He was just like, “Oh, OK, whatever,” and I left. Thirty minutes later he asks to talk to me. He has me sit down in his office and is like, “If you don’t mind me asking, you’ve only been here a few months, what’s making you leave?” I told him I had an internet start up with some friends and it was starting to pick up, so I decided to just go all out for it.
He nodded. And then he said, “That sounds great. I hope it works out for you. I don’t want us to hold you back, so how about this? I’ll offer you two weeks paid vacation for your last two weeks. If you’re done today, you can leave right now.” WTF?!?
The place I worked was the most drab, toxic and negative office environment. It was full of a bunch of ass-kissers, back-stabbers and ladder-climbers, and this was the first genuinely amazing thing that happened the entire 2-3 months I was there.
So it’s 9:30AM. I’m sitting at home, freshly self-employed… and I’m still getting a paycheck for the next two weeks! Fucking killer.
Also, that means I’m going to be posting a lot more. I have a big ass five part series of posts in my head that I want to start posting. The first one will probably be tonight. Expect posting to return to a much higher frequency in general.
Leave a Reply
Most Popular Content
- New Site, Blog Moved
- Pick Up is NOT a Skill
- College Starting Back Up
- I Slept With Entropy And…
- Quote for the Day
- Weekend Humor
- Wednesday Humor
- Wingman Retreat in the Caribbean
- Who Lies More, Men or Women?
- Styles and Locality
- I'm happy for you man. Great to see you moving forward going beyond pick up. Def...
- On it... thanks for the suggestion....
- Can you put up an archives or index session which is just a long list of all the...
- Thanks for the tip.
And yeah, I'm hitting the google keywords hard....
- Yeah, notice it too Kevin. Good luck with that :)
Here's a pratical tip: redi...
- Hm, first impression of the new site is that you picked most of your articles ti...
- Damn son, so the day came. Awesome. Good for you.
Speaking of nick names - pe...
- New game, new luck, Entropy, ahm, I mean Mark!
Will miss the comments about y...
News - Sep 29, 2010 5:34 - 8 Comments
More In News
- Who Lies More, Men or Women?
- Global Pickup Conference
- Meet Me at the 2010 Dating Conference in NYC
- Public Service Announcement
PUA Skills - Sep 10, 2010 14:40 - 18 Comments
More In PUA Skills
- Three Conversation Tricks
- Review: Guide to Phone and Text Game
- Mailbag: 7/10/09
- Mailbag! — (5/11/09)
- Mailbag: Escalation and Social Circles