News - Written by Entropy on Wednesday, September 29, 2010 5:34 - 8 Comments
New Site, Blog Moved
A couple big changes being launched today. The obvious one being that the blog is now located at www.practicalpickup.com.
You’ll notice a lot of major changes with the new site. Here’s a rundown of them:
1. I’m disassociating with the terms “Pick Up Artist,” “PUA” and the name “Entropy.” For any of you who have followed the blog the last year, you’ll know that it just doesn’t make sense for me anymore. I am continuing to write dating advice, develop products, coach and give seminars. But I don’t subscribe to that moniker or the community. There’s just too much that’s unhealthy about it that I don’t want to be associated with anymore. For more information, you can check out the article My Life as a Pick up Artist on the new site. It’s not that I “hate” the community or that it’s wrong or anything. I’ve just moved on.
2. You’ll notice some “newbie” type posts on the new site. For those familiar with PUA, a lot of these posts will seem remedial (i.e., How to Start a Conversation). The new site and brand is directed towards a much more mainstream audience. So if you think it’s too simple, then just don’t read it. There’s still plenty of in-depth articles being written and posted.
3. Of the 400 or so posts on EntropyPUA, only about 75 made the cut. Many of them were expanded, consolidated and revised and are in new forms on the new site. If you’ve enjoyed the direction this blog has taken in the last 6-8 months, then you’ll like all of the new content coming a lot.
4. There are about 25 new articles, half of which are some of the “newbie” posts listed above. Regular updates will return 2-3 times a week. Articles on the new site will be more content-based, more in-depth and more widely applicable. Most references to my daily life or personal life will probably stop.
5. You may see some broken links to new articles here and there. Those are articles that are scheduled to be posted in the next week or two but haven’t been finished yet.
6. Most of the comments from this site were carried over and consolidated, so you may see some posts where there are comments from 2008 even though the post is listed as recent.
7. As always, I’ll be active in the comments and I’ll be adding some forums in the near future. I’ll be going by my real name from now on.
8. I now have a few coaches who are working for me. They are not full-time coaches, but guys I’ve worked with before many times and at this point have a decent amount of experience that I trust them to do an excellent job.
9. EntropyPUA.com has already been gutted for all its best content posts. The 150 best posts from the last three years or are either on the new site, part of products or bonuses to products. This site will no longer be updated. The front domain page will be remade listing my websites in general. As far as I’m considered, “Entropy” and “EntropyPUA.com” are more or less dead.
Leave a Reply
Most Popular Content
- New Site, Blog Moved
- Pick Up is NOT a Skill
- College Starting Back Up
- I Slept With Entropy And…
- Quote for the Day
- Weekend Humor
- Wednesday Humor
- Wingman Retreat in the Caribbean
- Who Lies More, Men or Women?
- Styles and Locality
- I'm happy for you man. Great to see you moving forward going beyond pick up. Def...
- On it... thanks for the suggestion....
- Can you put up an archives or index session which is just a long list of all the...
- Thanks for the tip.
And yeah, I'm hitting the google keywords hard....
- Yeah, notice it too Kevin. Good luck with that :)
Here's a pratical tip: redi...
- Hm, first impression of the new site is that you picked most of your articles ti...
- Damn son, so the day came. Awesome. Good for you.
Speaking of nick names - pe...
- New game, new luck, Entropy, ahm, I mean Mark!
Will miss the comments about y...
News - Sep 29, 2010 5:34 - 8 Comments
More In News
- Who Lies More, Men or Women?
- Global Pickup Conference
- Meet Me at the 2010 Dating Conference in NYC
- Public Service Announcement
PUA Skills - Sep 10, 2010 14:40 - 18 Comments
More In PUA Skills
- Three Conversation Tricks
- Review: Guide to Phone and Text Game
- Mailbag: 7/10/09
- Mailbag! — (5/11/09)
- Mailbag: Escalation and Social Circles