Mailbag, Other, Phone and Dates - Written by Entropy on Friday, March 27, 2009 13:09 - 3 Comments
Another Friday, another mailbag. Lots of Doc Holliday questions to get through this week along with some pickup ones. As always, feel free to post your questions (about pick up, life, the universe and everything) in the comments or email them to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I understand it’s none of my business but I don’t give a shit. What happened to Doc? I know he wanted to work on his education and go to school but is that really what happened? His blog entry seems so depressing and I was just a little upset because I related to him a lot… and he really was a true source of inspiration in some aspects to my own personal development, so to me it is important.
Doc asked me not to give too much personal information about him. But from working with the guy every day for over a year and experiencing a lot of the same things he did, here are the factors that I would guess inspired him to quit and leave:
1) He realized he hated traveling, especially when we slummed it in a few cities (sleeping on couches and whatnot).
2) He wasn’t comfortable with the financial realities of this job. This may sound ridiculous for those of you who assume all of us are making six-figures and raking in the dough. But the truth is, bootcamps can be hard to sell, travel expenses rack up. Sure we could make $2,000 in one night but then we’d go three weeks without earning a dime. This wears on me sometimes and I know it wore on him even moreso.
3) He’s in love with his girlfriend and doesn’t want to sarge anymore. Enough said.
4) He didn’t envision PUA as his long-term career and didn’t necessarily want to be remembered for it in 10, 20, 30 years or whatever. This is understandable.
5) Although he enjoyed coaching, he didn’t enjoy all of the bullshit that came along with it: guru politics, community drama and gossip, etc.
He’s going back to school and wants to pursue a career in either teaching or coaching. Having PUA Instructor on your resume would still be taboo in those fields I imagine, especially if he ended up teaching like high school girls or something, lol.
All in all, I think it just wore on him and he got really burnt out. If there had only been 2-3 of these factors, maybe he’d still be here (like I am), but unfortunately not.
What is going to happen to the content on Doc’s blog. He had some really good daygame info on there and it would be a shame for it all to become vapor in cyberspace.
I heard at one point he was going to do a daygame product. I guess that’s not happening now.
Doc signed over all of his content to me and I have it saved on my hard drive. All of his best stuff will appear on the re-launch of this blog in a few weeks.
As for the day game product, he and I were doing that together (and actually almost finished). We have no plans to release it anymore.
Is Practical Pickup really finished? I bet this is just some marketing gimmick.
- Like Eight Random People
Yes, it’s really finished. Doc even has a day job already. And actually, if he came to me and begged to come back, I don’t know if I’d say yes… I’ve already put two months of work into new things.
So, no this isn’t a gimmick. Although it’s definitely marketing. Speaking of which, there’s only one spot left for our final bootcamp in Boston.
How do you steal your friend’s little brother’s girlfriend? I know, its a dick move, but the kid is a total jerk and she needs somebody more sophisticated, like me.
LOL. Well, moral ambiguity aside, I’ll give you a short answer. Build attraction like normal, isolate her and then frame her boyfriend negatively over and over.
How do you know when to let go after you tried to get in touch with a girl?
How would you know when to stop pursuing her?
- Rockstar Dentist
Well, the real answer is you can stop calling a girl whenever you feel like it. But I suppose that’s not very useful.
It comes down to a few things: how much you like her, and how much effort you’re willing to put into winning her over.
These days I don’t call a girl a second time. But back when I was getting good, I’d call a girl 3-4 times over two weeks trying to get her to pick up. Some girls will pick up the third or fourth time, so it’s good practice.
Also, there are a minority of women who have retarded rules like they won’t pick up a guy’s first two calls. It’s basically a way for them to screen for guys who are really into them (or just really aggressive)
I’ve gone back and read the entire “Personalizing Pickup” series. I agree with most of what you’ve said. How about a series of articles on how to overcome these sticking points?
Yeah, that’s what an eBook is for.
Leave a Reply
Most Popular Content
- New Site, Blog Moved
- Pick Up is NOT a Skill
- College Starting Back Up
- I Slept With Entropy And…
- Quote for the Day
- Weekend Humor
- Wednesday Humor
- Wingman Retreat in the Caribbean
- Who Lies More, Men or Women?
- Styles and Locality
- I'm happy for you man. Great to see you moving forward going beyond pick up. Def...
- On it... thanks for the suggestion....
- Can you put up an archives or index session which is just a long list of all the...
- Thanks for the tip.
And yeah, I'm hitting the google keywords hard....
- Yeah, notice it too Kevin. Good luck with that :)
Here's a pratical tip: redi...
- Hm, first impression of the new site is that you picked most of your articles ti...
- Damn son, so the day came. Awesome. Good for you.
Speaking of nick names - pe...
- New game, new luck, Entropy, ahm, I mean Mark!
Will miss the comments about y...
News - Sep 29, 2010 5:34 - 8 Comments
More In News
- Who Lies More, Men or Women?
- Global Pickup Conference
- Meet Me at the 2010 Dating Conference in NYC
- Public Service Announcement
PUA Skills - Sep 10, 2010 14:40 - 18 Comments
More In PUA Skills
- Three Conversation Tricks
- Review: Guide to Phone and Text Game
- Mailbag: 7/10/09
- Mailbag! — (5/11/09)
- Mailbag: Escalation and Social Circles